Sunday, June 17, 2012

3 weeks already??

It has officially been three weeks since we moved in. Can you believe it? I can't! That means I don't even have 2 months left. I'm already getting sad about leaving. The city is awesome, our house is awesome, my internship is awesome, the people I've met are awesome... you get the idea.

I am loving everything about my internship. It is so cool to work on things that are actually going to be put out into the world. More rewarding than school, by far!

Here's a rundown of what we've been up too this past week! Sunday, Lindy's friend Amy (who also goes to ECU but lives in Connecticut) came down to Boston for the day with her sister Jenny! We had a great time getting Starbucks, walking on Newburry Street, grabbing burritos for lunch, sitting by the Charles river, and just hanging out! They hadn't seen each other in a long time because Amy studied abroad in France last semester, so they had a lot to catch up on! It was nice to have a familiar face in the area.

Morning Starbucks
Newburry Street
Lunch at Boloco
 Jenny, Amy, and Me
 Amy and Jenny on the Charles
 Amy and Lindy, reunited and it feels so good.
 The most gorgeous day so far. Perfect weather on the Charles River!
Beautiful
Love.

That night Amy and Jenny met up with their brother who works at MIT and I had some of the interns over for a potluck! We had such a good time talking, hanging out and playing taboo! There was some serious competition going down. Board games are the best! We only took one picture but here are all of the interns that came over. I would name all of them but that would be too confusing. I love new friends!


The work week that followed was just as awesome as the week before. I'm getting introduced to SO much new material. Advertising is a lot more in depth than I ever believed! There's marketing, strategy & analysis, technology, user experience, third act, copy writing, design, finance, and the list goes on. I've gotten to learn about each aspect that's involved and see how everything comes together to work toward the same goal. It has been an awesome experience so far! Here are some pictures of the week:

Walking home in the sunshine
Eric's drawing of our new friend, Archie!
 Sunny downtown morning
 Lindy visited me at work!
Fast forward to this weekend and the fun continues! Friday night Lindy and I made dinner and then she stayed home and relaxed while I met up with some of the interns. Javaughn had some people over to hang out which was really fun. 

This is Afiya, Lydia, Olivia, Brayden and Me. Love them! 

Yesterday we slept in and then went to a coffee shop in town that we had been wanting to try since before we moved here! It's called 1369 coffee house, we had found it online and it didn't disappoint. We shared a delicious large amaretto latte and relaxed there for a bit and then later we got Panera. I love going to places like that! It's like home away from home.

Morning coffee
 Lindy took creepy pics of me
Twin love
 
 
  At Panera
After lunch we met up with Brooke, Eric and a few of his friends in Harvard Square for a little bit to just hang out. I love situations like this where the most random group of people can come together to hang out. That has been one of my favorite things about this experience!  That night Lindy and I relaxed at home, had a dance party in the living room and then met up with Brooke and Mike at the Hard Rock Cafe.

I whip my hair back and forth.
We cray.
Lindy dancin' it out.
 With Brooke!

So that's the update! Today we woke up, went on a long walk around the neighborhood and now we're just relaxing and cleaning for our roommate that moves in tomorrow. Ashley and John are coming on Wednesday and we are so excited to see them!

Until the next update, xoxo,
L&L 










No comments:

Post a Comment