First day outfit
To say that it was a good first day would be an understatement. It could not have been better! If you're wondering what Digitas is, the first response would be advertising. But they're more than that...They're the largest digital agency in the world! The fact that I even have this internship is a huge accomplishment. I feel so blessed to be there!
Anyway, I had to be there at 9 on the first day where we checked in and then were escorted upstairs by HR to a "meet and greet breakfast" with about 50 or so employees. They had lots of muffins, fruit, cinnamon rolls and each intern had a place setting with a bunch of Digitas stuff set out for them. How nice! We all mixed and mingled and I got to meet a lot of really welcoming people. They were all so outgoing and friendly and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of them better.
Building Lobby
After the tour we had our own personal photo IDs made, which took a while since there are 25 interns, and then headed upstairs to "the deck" which is their largest conference room with floor to ceiling windows on the 18th floor.
There we were shown a slideshow of the history of the company, culture, and how to dress etc. That was when they mentioned the fact that "sarcasm is welcome and appreciated" and I knew this internship was perfect for me haha!
For lunch they catered in salads, soft drinks and pizza and while we ate a few head honchos of the company did a Q&A session for us so that we could get to know them and the company. I thought it was really entertaining and they had a lot of helpful advice and cool stories to share with us!
From the Q&A we switched conference rooms where we spent a loooong time getting paperwork finished, figuring out our new email, getting passwords, logins, setting up our computers, and just talking. After that we took a group picture and met the team members that we'll be working with for the summer! We each get a specific client of Digitas to focus on for the next few months.
My team is AWESOME and I've already learned so much. Yesterday was the best and today was great too. I met a bunch of new people, got to hang out in the "always on" room where they have a constant stream of what's going on in the digital world, sit in on meetings and conference calls, learn about strategy and analysis, check out the Facebook and Twitter feed, learn about iMedia and copywriting, and just have fun!
I think overall the thing I'll like most about working at Digitas is the atmosphere. The people are friendly, they've got free coffee, couches to hang out on, a free bring your own mug tap room from 4-6 on Thursdays and Fridays, holiday parties, bagel Friday and they're always recognizing the accomplishments of their employees. The people who work there joke around, high-five, smile and say "hi" and you can tell that they enjoy what they do. There are people with tattoos, people in heels, and people from every background, but they all get along and work together to create something awesome.
Lobby
If you can't tell, I love it and I am so excited for the rest of the summer!
Until the next update, xoxo,
Laura





I am so, so glad you love it so much! Sounds awesome to me! You've hit the big times! :)
ReplyDelete