Saturday, June 2, 2012

One week down!


It has officially been a week since we moved here! I feel like the time has FLOWN by. I can't believe we already have one week under our belts, but we have so many more fun weeks to go!
A few picks from Thursday...

The past few days we've just been hanging out and enjoying our new surroundings. Lindy has been working this week and I start on Monday. While she has been busy I have slept in, done some laundry and dishes, gone on a run in my new neighborhood and read a lot. Lindy has really enjoyed her internship so far and it is going to open so many doors for her! I am a proud twin!
Our neighborhood
Harvard Square
Yesterday, Lindy had the day off, so we decided to spend our Friday over in the Berklee School of Music, Newbury street area. I absolutely loved it! It reminded me a lot of the less touristy parts of NYC like Greenwich Village etc. Newbury street was lined with stores - Forever 21, H&M, Gucci, Madewell, and lots of good places to grab a bite to eat or a sweet treat.

We left the house at 11:45, so by the time we got there we were ready for lunch. We grabbed mushroom swiss burgers and sweet potato fries at a place called b.good and then spent the rest of the afternoon walking around. We stayed in H&M for a long time, and I picked up a fitted royal blue blazer that I can't wait to wear to work!

Pretty view
Us!
Old South Church
The Boston Public Library
We were still walking around at 4:30, so we picked up a snack at a coffeehouse that was recommended to me called Pavement. I loved the decor with lots of plush chairs and soft lighting and it was nice to rest for a little while. We split a seven-layer bar cookie and some milk and then (after realizing I lost a pair of earrings in H&M, sadness) headed home.
Our feet were so tired by the end of the day, but we had a great time! Last night we took it easy after lots of walking and made smoothies and lounged around on the couch.

PB&J smoothie

Today hasn't been any different from last night! We knew rain was coming our way, so we had planned to spend today pretty much doing nothing. It is my last real weekend of summer, after all! We slept in, made oatmeal, read, took naps, took baths, and sat around in our PJS. It was great! Around 3:30 we were ready for a change of surroundings so we literally walked right around the corner to a quaint place called Darwin's. We got lattes and cookies and Lindy worked on College Fashionista stuff while I read Insurgent, the 2nd book of the Divergent series. Have you read those? SO GOOD. (If you liked the Hunger Games it's a must read!)


We played cards when we got home (a sign of sheer boredom haha) and then had a dance party for 15 minutes to burn off some energy! It has been so fun living with my best friend! We always have fun together. Now we're just making Thai stir-fry for dinner and probably watching a chick-flick! We're trying out a church tomorrow in Harvard Square which I'm really looking forward to. And I'm also meeting with my fellow interns for dinner which should be fun!

Hope you're having a great weekend! Until next time, xoxo,

L&L 

No comments:

Post a Comment